Monday 2 March 2015

SECOND, SKI, LESSON

Tonight I will continue with my ski lessons weather permitting. At the moment conditions are severe with really low temperatures and snowy conditions I know it's skiing, snow and all, but will the car make it over to the other side of Glasgow?   

Now that is the question .





Left for Glasgow at 6.45pm and the weather was so bad, I nearly turned back as the roads were really slippy the snow was falling really fast making driving conditions really bad. I arrived at the ski slope an hour later and after that drive I wasn't that worried about the lesson. It looks like we will be skiing in extreme weather conditions after all.

When I got to the ski club there was no snow in Glasgow. I got my ski boots and skis on and out we went . Only one person didn't make it for the lesson tonight and we started  skiing in lovely conditions, that didn't last long, the snow caught up with me and we were soon skiing in a blizzard. Having no goggles on it was really hard to see where i was going.

The lesson itself went really well as it happens. I am working on turning my lazy leg and trying to control my speed, sometimes it is working other times I'm just losing control and skiing too fast down the slope.
Our  instructor is really good at getting the best out of us and  connects with everyone in the group really well. 

At last I feel that i may be starting to control my turns a bit more but my legs are letting me down now.
After one and a half hours my knees and legs are sore. The group has now moved to the top of the slope everyone is so friendly, this is really helping to make the lesson even more enjoyable and making me want to last the pace.


The beginner level has now moved to the big slope and has started using the tow, some of the class is moving on so fast and has moved on up the slope. I asked some of the group how they are enjoying their lesson and they said that they are having fun and enjoying learning to ski. Thanks to their instructor.


0 comments :

Post a Comment